The Medreport group companies are providers of specialist outsourced services to the legal industry. Your legal representative has asked us to contact you to arrange an independent medical report and/ or to provide treatment or diagnostic services in relation to an injury claim.
This statement explains how we use your personal information in providing our services. Please read it carefully to ensure you understand our views and practices regarding your information, and how we will treat it.
Who we are
The group comprises Medreport Services Limited & Medcare Rehab Services Limited. This Privacy Statement is issued on behalf of the group so when we mention “Medreport Group”, “we”, “us” or “our” we are referring to the relevant company in the Group responsible for processing your data.
Our Data Protection Officer is Kathryn Timms who can be contacted by emailing; firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawful Basis for Processing your information
We will process your personal data on the lawful bases of Legitimate Interests.
By this, we mean that we believe that there is a legitimate reason for us to process your personal data and that doing so will not cause any harm to your rights and interests. Your legal representative will have made you aware of our involvement in your injury claim, you will have expected to hear from us, and you will have consented to us receiving and processing your data.
The Purpose for Processing:
We will need to process your personal data to provide our services. This may include:
- Sourcing medical records from healthcare providers
- Arranging for you to attend a medical examination with a medical expert
- Arranging for you to attend treatment and/ or diagnostic investigations (e.g, X-Rays)
- Receiving and quality-checking reports written by medical professional about you
- Providing you and your legal representatives with updates and information about the services we are providing
- Ensuring that we comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Defending any legal claim that may be brought against us
Information we collect:
By ‘information,’ we mean personal information about you that we collect, use, share, store and transfer in physical and electronic form including:
- Identity and contact information (your first name, last name, title, date of birth, email address, telephone numbers, addresses, and any other information you provide within your personal information through your solicitor or directly to us.
- Contact History, which means that we keep a record of what you have said to us, for example, over the phone, by email, or by letter.
- Information relating to your injury claim, as supplied to us by your legal representative.
- Information relating to your health, being your medical records if necessary, the independent medical report(s) that we arrange, and reports relating to any treatment or diagnostic tests that we have arranged.
Recipients of your information:
Except as expressly set out here we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so and we will not transfer your information overseas unless asked to do so by your or your legal representative.
We will share your information with the following providers as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you:
- Companies in the Medreport Group such as Medreport Services Ltd & Medcare Rehab Services may provide services to you.
- Selected companies or third parties that help us fulfil our obligations to you such as medical experts and healthcare providers.
- Companies approved by you, including your legal representatives and the opponent in relation to your injury claim
We may also share your personal information with:
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so; and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Should we have to share information with third parties outside of the above, we will do so with anonymised information about our clients and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
Retaining your information
We will keep your information for as long as it is needed to be able to provide the services to you and until we are advised that your injury claim has concluded.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our contracts, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have claim has been settled or treatment has completed or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect about you. All information is stored on our secure servers, shared only via secure link, email and/or via the post (where necessary) and backed up via a secure line to a data centre at 221 Hagley Road, Hayley Green, Halesowen, West Midlands, B63 1ED
At any time, you have the right:
- to request access to or a copy of any information which we hold about you
- to request rectification of your information, if you consider that it is inaccurate;
- to ask us to delete your information, if you consider that we do not have the right to hold it;
- to restrict processing of your information
- to object to your information being processed (in certain circumstances)
We will endeavour to respond within a reasonable period and in any event within one month in compliance with data protection legislation. We will comply with our legal obligations as regards your rights as a data subject. You may be asked to provide formal identification before we respond to your request.
We aim to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate at all times. To assist us in ensuring that your information is up to date, do let us know if any of your personal details change.
Questions, comments and requests are welcomed and should be addressed email@example.com. You can also send a letter by mail to:
The Data Protection Officer
Medreport Services Ltd,
1 & 2 Yeo Bank Business Park,
If you have any concerns about our use of your information, you also have the right to make a complaint to the data protection regulator in the UK.